SERVPRO of Eau Claire Wishes You a Fire Free Holiday Season
Tis' the Season
After Thanksgiving (or even before) your town or neighbors have started putting up trees and lights on their house. Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls is open, snow has covered the ground... it truly is the most magical time of the year! But what do we do if our tree ends up on fire?
As much as we love the work, the last thing we want to hear is that your Christmas tree started on fire and you have smoke damage through out your house.
Here are some tips to stay safe this holiday season.
Winter Fire Facts
- Two of every five decoration fires happen because decorations are placed too close to a heat source
- Christmas tree fires cause an average of $10 million in direct property damage EACH YEAR
- Of those fires, three quarters of them occurred in December and January
- Electrical issues are the cause of 44% of Christmas tree fires
Tips to Prevent Holiday Fires
- Don't block an exit with the tree or decorations
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not ever used for both
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source
- Make sure candles are at least twelve inches from anything that will burn
- Water your tree every day
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect your property with care. If its Christmas day or New Years Eve, we're always here to help!
Call SERVPRO of Eau Claire at 715-834-FIRE(3472)