Fire in Chippewa Falls, WI
We were called to a fire in Chippewa Falls where the cause was very rare. Their car had blown up in the garage shortly after they had gotten home from work. No, cars do not blow up in real life like they do in movies. No one was hurt in this fire, thank goodness but there is extensive damage done to the house. While we don't know what exactly caused the car to start on fire, here are some things we do know regarding vehicle fires.
What are engine fires caused from?
According to Statista, there were 181,500 vehicle fires reported in 2018. While it is hard to find the cause of a vehicle fire, the most common causes are issues with the vehicle's electrical wiring system, fuel system, or even cigarettes left in the car. Get the systems checked at every service appointment to be sure everything is working correctly.
What are some warning signs?
- Fuses that blow repeatedly
- Oil or other fluid leaks under the vehicle (noticed after car has been parked)
- Cracked or loose wiring, or wiring with exposed metal
- Very loud sounds from the exhaust system
- Rapid changes in fuel level, oil levels, or engine temperature
- Broken or loose hoses
Call us @ 715-834-3473
If you see or smell smoke coming from your car pull over, get everyone at least 100 feet away from the vehicle, and call 911. Call your insurance agent to see what kind of coverage you have.
If you have a fire in your home, no matter the cause, SERVPRO of Eau Claire is ready, 24/7, 365 days a year.